Monday, June 23, 2008

It's OK to Get Old

It really is O.K. to get old, because it’s going to happen anyway, isn’t it? We haven’t sinned against a righteous God, simply because our bodies are breaking down. And we can do all of sorts of things to try and postpone slipping from middle age into old age, but you know, that’s just a natural part of life, and there’s nothing wrong with slowing down and simplifying life and finding that you prefer small doses of company or none at all. That’s all OK. There’s nothing wrong with you or with me. It’s meant to be that way. I have stopped going to doctors, and no, I’m not going to get help for this “problem” that I have, because I don’t think we have any problems. We just have what God provides and brings us each day, and that same power is going to give us the grace to deal with an aging body or a weakening mind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home