Monday, June 23, 2008

Modern Technology

I think it’s wonderfully ironic that modern technology never seems to come up with what you want. It’s very complex and very sophisticated, but it doesn’t meet my needs. For example, caller ID. What does that term imply? That the caller is going to identify himself or herself. Is this is the case? Oh, no. Technology, bless its heart, gives people the option of not identifying themselves. The phone rings, and you look at the caller ID, and it says, “unknown.” Really? Then why bother me with caller ID, if the phone is going to ring, and I’m going to look at it, and I still don’t know who the hell it is. Thanks again to all of you who offer a promise and then never fulfill it. And all of this at our expense, not yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home