Thursday, February 22, 2007

Life Is a Classroom

Life is a classroom from which we never escape until we actually leave the world, and although we tend to associate the classroom with work and struggle and frustration and disappointment, it’s also got periods called recess and vacation, and I guess that one of the secrets of life is learning to enjoy both on their own terms.

As I get older the classroom is beginning to seem more and more like a playroom, the way it did when we went to pre-school and kindergarten and finger painted and played with blocks and when the lessons were not yet terribly difficult.

As I go back to that realm, I’m enjoying recess immensely, but I’m also learning how to make the classroom time more and more fun and less and less work, and I think that’s one of the gifts that we’re given by life as we come towards the end of the journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home